Experience the ICE! "environment":
- Upon entering the exhibit, guests meet the welcome wagon ICE! style as they come to a snowman country band, complete with a Grand Ole Opry barn façade in vibrant color.
- A giant, full-color wreath portal in transports guests back in time to an old fashioned Country Home on Christmas Eve, complete with gingerbread ice porch and a Victorian ice family giddy with Christmas spirit. Mom and Dad steal a kiss under the mistletoe, the family dog sleeps by the fireplace where stockings are hung with care, and a child looks upon the whole scene in amazement. In the center of it all is the family tree - built from green ice with glowing electric candles. Beyond the house, our country ice adventure continues as guests come upon a horse-drawn carriage and frozen driver, where they can climb aboard, take a seat beside the icy driver, and have their photo taken on a frozen sleigh ride.
- Next, leave the "real world" of a country Christmas and enter the fantasy world of the Christmas Castle, with toy soldiers standing guard and candy cane turrets. This is a magical play land, featuring the ever popular ice slides. Bigger and bolder than in years past, guests can choose from three different slides or ride them all.
- Leaving the castle courtyard through a long illuminated tunnel, we find the surprise at the other end is Santa's Toyland. This year the traditional toyshop has been left behind. In its place is a magical, icy machine-age toy factory. This is the most colorful area ever attempted in ice. Elves are hard at work carving toys and placing them on enchanted conveyor belts to load up Santa's sleigh. Bright flashing lights and colorful candy decorations adorn the whimsical contraptions, all under Santa's watchful eye. Guests can pose for photos on a special stage beside the ice Santa himself.
- Upon leaving Santa's Toyland guests begin to segue back to the real world from the North Pole fantasy. The Winter Forest is a tranquil and contemplative environment, featuring a running waterfall, twinkling stars behind a painted dusk sky, and a winding foot path. This area is quiet and natural, inviting guests to reflect on the meaning of the holiday season while discovering the beauty of the serene ice setting. To be discovered among the trees are realistic woodland creatures populating the ice forest. A bench is provided for guests to sit and capture a snapshot in front of the waterfall and pond. In a silhouette, Santa passes over the scene via illuminated moon light.
- Guests will exit the forest through a frozen tree canopy. This path leads to a Country Church environment. Here, a monumental sculpture of the Herald angel is set against a rustic church. Light streams through ice, stained-glass windows surrounding the angel with a miraculous aura.
- Upon leaving the church guests will round the corner to discover the crown jewel of ICE! - the Nativity. With much anticipation for the detail and splendor, guests marvel year after year as this crystal manger completes their experience. This is the signature scene of the show, one of the world's most beautiful and inspirational renditions of the Nativity.
Warming Up at ICE!
Guests exit the cold exhibition into the retail and refreshment area where they can have a warm treat and shop for gifts and souvenirs.
ICE! is part of Gaylord Opryland's A Country Christmas
ICE! is normally held from mid-November through the first week of January.
Experience the ICE! Environment!
Behind the ICE!
Nashville.about.com ICE! Review
Get Your ICE! Experience!
ICE! Photo Galleries
Shrek the Halls
ICE! Merry Madagascar
Charlie Brown ICE!