Platinum Sponsor HCA and the TriStar Family of Hospitals, Gold Sponsor First Tennessee and Silver Sponsor BellSouth generously support the Frist Center's 2006 Ingram Gallery exhibitions. The Lead Family Program Sponsor is Genesco, and the Contributing Family Program Sponsors are Caremark Rx, First Tennessee Foundation, Ingram Charitable Fund and Richards Family Fund.
The Quest for Immortality: Treasures of Ancient Egypt is organized by United Exhibits Group, Copenhagen and the National Gallery of Art, Washington, in association with the Supreme Council of Antiquities, Cairo. Objects are loaned by the Egyptian government and come from the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, the Luxor Museum, and the sites of Tanis and Deir-el-Bahari.
Tickets for the Quest for Immortality Exhibition
· Timed tickets for The Quest for Immortality are available for purchase by the general public.
· Admission for visitors 18 and younger is FREE, but timed tickets are necessary.
· The admission price is $17 for adults and $14 for seniors. The ticket price for Frist Center members is $10 per adult ticket.
· Tickets can be purchased at the Frist Center Admissions desk with no service charge.
· Tickets may also be purchased online through the Frist Center website www.fristcenter.org
or by calling 1-866-683-4978.
· Timed ticket orders by phone should be made 48 hours in advance to ensure entry into the exhibition. · There are surcharges for online and telephone orders to cover the cost of handling and mailing. A portion of the proceeds from each ticket is earmarked for the preservation of Egyptian antiquities.
Location & Hours
· The Frist Center will have extended hours during The Quest for Immortality. Saturday through Wednesday, the Frist Center will be open from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., opening earlier than usual on Sunday. Thursday and Friday evenings, the Frist Center will remain open until 9 p.m.
· The Frist Center for the Visual Arts, located at 919 Broadway in downtown Nashville, Tenn., is an art exhibition center dedicated to presenting the finest visual art from local, regional, U.S. and international sources in a program of changing exhibitions. The Frist Center's Martin ArtQuest Gallery features 30 interactive stations relating to Frist Center exhibitions.
A wide range of special programs will be available during the exhibition. As additional programs are confirmed, detailed information can be found in the Frist Center's online calendar at www.fristcenter.org or www.egyptatthefrist.org
· The website www.egyptatthefrist.org includes detailed information about the exhibition, images of many of the priceless artifacts, information about Egyptian history, a special section for kids, as well as updated information about the extensive special programs and activities that will take place during the exhibition.
· For those wishing to attend other Frist Center exhibitions and activities please visit the Frist Center for Visual Arts online at www.fristcenter.org