The history of bowling alley's, in the Nashville area, dates back to the mid 1800's. Once reserved for only the Wealthiest of Nashville Society, over the years it has made it to the every day Joe and now can be found within elaborate Family Fun Centers.
Some of the earliest alley's found in the area that are still intact are located in Belmont Mansion, circa 1853, Belle Meade Mansion, circa 1853.
One of the earliest known alley's was located just southwest of Nashville in Primm Springs, known as Primm Springs Resort also as White Sulphur Springs (circa 1831), in Hickman County. It is listed in the National Registry of Historical Places.
In the early to mid 1800's there were several dozen alleys like these located across the state in private resorts.
Another early alley was located in the Epperson Springs Hotel, located in Sumner County, just outside of the town of Westmoreland; it is long since gone.