1. Local
Jan Duke

Johnny Cash Funeral Arrangements

By September 12, 2003

Johnny Cash's manager Lou Robin announced this afternoon:
''In honor of the Cash family's privacy during these times, the decision has been made to hold private, both the visitation and the funeral services. They wish to thank everyone for their prayers at this difficult time.''
And
In a Statement from Johnny’s Family today read:
''The family of Johnny Cash, in this sad hour, is greatly comforted by the outpouring of love and respect for his remarkable life. We also take solace, in the knowledge, that he is again reunited with his dearest companion, June. Our lives, and indeed the entire planet, will forever feel the emptiness of his loss, but his music and the greatness of his spirit will endure.''

If you would like to pay your respects-
Flowers may be sent to:
Hendersonville Funeral Home
353 Johnny Cash Parkway
Hendersonville, TN 37075

Donations may be sent to:
SOS Children Villages USA
1317 F Street NW #550
Washington, DC 20004

A public memorial is also being planned and will be held in the future, at undetermined time and date.
For those of you that can make it to Nashville: The Country Music Hall of Fame is opening up it's rotunda area tommorrow from 10am-6pm for those who wish to pay their respects to Johnny Cash.

Comments

February 6, 2007 at 11:59 am
(1) marie barbour says:

I am 21 years old and have read all about the life of John and June and it has touched my heart. The memorey of them will live on forever x x x THE MUSIC THEY SANG IS OUTSTANDING

February 8, 2007 at 12:06 am
(2) Paul lacroix says:

As a young boy I grew up listening to John and June and know I am a better person for it! I have just watched…Walk the Line… for the 10th time at least. And I still get tears in my eyes everytime she finally says YES to one of the greatest singers of ALL time! Hello I’m Johnny Cash!!!! I miss them both dearly!!!

August 19, 2007 at 12:26 pm
(3) Tina says:

Although I wasn’t a country music fan, I grew up listening to Johnny Cash because of my father. He also had been raised on a farm during the same time and almost the same region as Cash had been raised in. My father could relate to many of the songs Cash sang. As an adult, I still listen to his music and have come to appreciate many of the lyrics. My favorite is his last release, Hurt. Even though he didn’t write the lyrics, that song told so much about his life.
His love for June seemed almost a fairytale. One that the rest of us could be jealous of.
We truly lost a legend as well as role models when both Johnny and June passed away. May their memories as well as their music continue on for generations to come.

January 6, 2008 at 10:32 pm
(4) joyce says:

These two legends shared the greatest love story of all times. They are so missed. I watch Walk the Line and read and watch everything I can find re their wonderful life. Their love of God and the way they shared it with the world. They glowed with their own love for each other, their love of God, their love of all their precious children. I thank God for letting us share them for the time they had here and I know they are together making beautiful music for God. You children of theirs, they wait for you, be ready.
They will never be forgotten, their music so special. God Bless You John Carter Cash and keep keep their memories available. Thanks to all.

April 22, 2008 at 8:22 am
(5) lildarling says:

I am 53 yrs.young, I guess you could say I grew up listening to Johnny Cash. I loved his music. Back in the 70′s he had his own tv show called the johnny cash show, My family watched it every time it was on. My mother, God rest her soul she love his music.My family & I would get such a kick out of seeing June when she was younger come out &do her little comedy skits. Johnny & June you are dearly missed, but we shall meet in Heaven one day.

February 10, 2009 at 8:33 am
(6) jasmine says:

My name is jasmine I am 9 years old I
discovered the movie “walk the line” a true story by johnny cash and june carter when I
watched it I simply fell in love with it I
wanted to whatch the movie all the time I
loved his songs. I think his dad was absolutly
to hard on him. A serious fan jasmine!